7 May 2008

Asus Eee PC song praising - Day 1

this was a un-expected happening. Me, writing from a new ASUS Eee PC. But hey, what ever... I'm now typing away on the tiny keyboard

So after wondering about Preston's PC World, when I come across a display for the ASUS Eee PC, which for the past few months from the interweb, thinking about having one. Looking at the price, options and why I couldn't have one for such and so reasons. I hadn't had a good go with the Eee PC and after trying the CloudBook running XP I wasn't to impressed with the mini laptop idea. So booting up the Eee PC, the person who was with me wandered over to me and said "OH! thats small!" so I told her about the tiny compy. After a few minutes of giving the pro's and con's (tiny, tiny tiny!!!) she was convinced and I was getting convinced myself. So based on he title of this blog, you can guess the out come xD

So! onto what this blog is really about. What I think of the Eee PC? well, First of all I will tell you about which Eee PC we picked. Well it's 4G in galaxy black, as is to say it's got the webcamera and 512 of ram with a 4 GB SSD. They didn't have any of the 8.9 inch screen ones in but the 7 inch does the job very well. After a few hours and a fair bit of play I think I can start to talk about so things I've found out about (so far...)

First; It's damn small... One of the big selling points of the Eee PC is it's size, or lack there of. it's so compact that you can really take t with you anywhere, weighing in at 0.92 kilograms (2 lbs for those who aren't metric peoples) and fitting in the palm of you're hand makes the Eee PC a no brainer for travelers or those who know the MacBook Air is a rip of (and thats coming from a Mac man)

Second; ease of use... Starting up the Eee PC couldn't be easier. You boot up for the first time and first of all, you notice a lack of noise like nothing, completely silent. The setup wizard is super easy and withing a minute I was done, ready to try out the Eee. The Eee comes loaded with the essentials for the web (firefox) Instant messging (skype and PidGin) office work (OpenOffice) and lots of other stuff. Would have liked to have seen the Gimp already on the Eee, but apart from that, super happy!

Thirdly; It's tiny!!! Ok, so the Eee is tiny, hence the keyboard does feel a bit crapped upon first try. But after a few hours, you get used to it.

Tune in tomorrow as I do such exciting things as download a program and connect a external monitor

P.S I chucked a couple of different video formats including Divx 6.0, MPEG 4 and photoJPEG and they played fine...
Check out more video's a here

No comments: